Texas Ebony Block TE-128 2.4" x 1.7" x 8.4"

  • Sale
  • Regular price $33.00
  • Will be in stock after

Texas Ebony Block TE-128
2-3/8" x 1-3/4" x 8-3/8"
1-1/2 lbs.

This is another nice rift-sawn block of Texas Ebony. It is primarily a dark chocolate-brown heartwood (~70%) with a strong, tight and linear grain pattern. The remaining 30% is a creamy-yellow, lightly spalted sapwood over most of the back and half of one side of the block.

There are several small and tight drying checks in the sapwood and a portion of the heartwood at both ends of the block. The only prominent check appears to be no more than 1/2" deep at the end of the block (near end, bottom photo). I recommend reinforcing those small cracks with thin CA glue before turning or machining the blank.

I see no other significant flaws.