Texas Ebony Block TE-126 3.5" x 1.5" x 8.7"

  • Sale
  • Regular price $40.00
  • Will be in stock after

Texas Ebony Block TE-126
3-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 8-3/4"
2 lbs.

This is another very nice rift-sawn block of Texas Ebony. It is primarily a dark chocolate-brown heartwood (say ~70%) with a strong, tight and linear grain pattern. The remaining 30% is a strong, creamy-yellow sapwood along a portion of the back and one edge of the block.

There are several small and very tight drying cracks in the dark heartwood. There is also a single, slightly larger crack in the sapwood portion of the block at one end (left side, bottom photo). I recommend reinforcing them with thin CA glue before turning or machining the blank.

I see no other significant flaws.