Texas Ebony Block TE-123 2" x 1.7" x 8.7"

  • Sale
  • Regular price $29.00
  • Will be in stock after

Texas Ebony Block TE-123
2" x 1-3/4" x 8-3/4"
1-1/2 lbs.

This is another nice rift-sawn block of Texas Ebony. It is primarily a dark chocolate-brown heartwood (say ~70%) with a strong, tight and linear grain pattern. The remaining 30% is a creamy-yellow, lightly spalted sapwood over most of the back and half of one side of the block.

There are two small very small and tight drying checks in the sapwood - one at each end. I recommend reinforcing them with thin CA glue before turning or machining the blank.