Texas Ebony Block TE-122 2.2" x 1.5" x 10"

  • Sale
  • Regular price $33.00
  • Will be in stock after

Texas Ebony Block TE-122
2-1/4" x 1-1/2" x 10"
1-1/2 lbs.

This is a very nice rift-sawn block of Texas Ebony. It is primarily a dark chocolate-brown heartwood (~80%) with a strong, tight and linear grain pattern. The remaining ~20% is a strong, creamy-yellow sapwood along a portion of the back and one edge of the block.

There are a number of small and very tight drying checks in that sapwood on the back of the block. They appear to be very shallow and I would simly reinforce them with thin CA glue before turning or machining the blank.

I see no other significant flaws.