Texas Ebony Board TE-121 3" x 1.5" x 12.2"

  • Sale
  • Regular price $45.00
  • Will be in stock after

Texas Ebony Board TE-121
3" x 1-1/2" x 12-1/4"
2-1/4 lbs.

This is a very nice quarter to rift-sawn block of Texas Ebony. It is primarily a dark chocolate-brown heartwood (~90%) with a strong, tight and linear grain pattern. The remaining 10% is a strong, creamy-yellow sapwood along one edge of the block.

A single small and very shallow drying crack is present on one end of the block, and two irregular and quite tight cracks are present on one flat side (left side, top photo). These appear to be the very tail ends of pith-related cracks radiating outward from the center of the log. All of these cracks appear to be old and quite stable. I would simply reinforce them with thin CA glue before turning or machining the blank.

I see no other significant flaws.

Note: That prominent round black patch on the top photo (right side) is just a splash of water as I was taking the photos. It dried quickly and is no longer present!