Texas Ebony Block TE-525 1.9" x 1.9" x 17.3"

  • Sale
  • Regular price $65.00


Texas Ebony Block TE-525
1.9" x 1.9" x 17.3"
2.8 lbs.

This long spindle is a very nice end-grain block of Texas Ebony. It is approximately ~75% heartwood with a strong and beautifully complex grain pattern that includes areas of dark brown to black and reddish-brown colors. The remaining 25% is a yellow (yellow ochre?) sapwood with shades of light-gray spalting.  There are several burl buds in the heartwood that create grain swirls and chatoyance.   

There is a small sliver of bark on the front face, above the label.   I see no other cracks, checks or significant flaws