|Black Walnut Block BW-106
3" x 3" x 13"
This is another nice, potentially-striped block of Black Walnut. It is approximately 80% brilliant white to creamy sapwood. The other 20% is heartwood - a dark brown to deep purple brown with a strong linear grain pattern. Most of that heartwood is on one edge and will turn-off as the block is rounded, leaving a narrow linear stripe up the length of the white sapwood (if not rounded too deeply). That could be very interesting.
I see no cracks or other potential flaws.